Installation of PlayerLink and EventLink is designed to be as straightforward as possible, without any major configuration steps.
Note: Instructions are for PlayerLink v.1.2 or greater.
- Download PlayerLink from the Event Extensions page.
- Unzip all files.
- Open “include/ee_instancevars.php” and modify the values on this page to match your website’s theme.
- If you are using EventLink, you may want to update the admin panel’s PIN. This is located in “include/iframe_settings.php”.
- Rename the PlayerLink folder to the directory name you want PlayerLink to be under.
- Drop the PlayerLink folder onto your web server.
- Customize files as appropriate for your event or website.
There are several pieces of customizations which I highly recommend making with any implementation of PlayerLink:
- Update the banner to fit your event’s theme. You may want to go further and add a light background to the page as a whole, which you can do by defining a new CSS rule.
- Change the color scheme of your pairings/standings by modifying the “@playerlink-table-header” and “@playerlink-table-header-selected” colors in “less/css.less”.